Monthly overview of Internet governance and digital policy developments and activities in South Eastern Europe and the neighouring area
In partnership with DiploFoundation & Geneva Internet Platform
[New] The September 2018 issue is now available.
It covers Internet governance and digital policy developments that occurred in South Eastern Europe and the neighbouring area in September 2018.
- Azerbaijan: Officials in the Ministry of Transport, Communications and High Technologies have announced that work in being carried on developing a national strategy on cybersecurity.
- Belarus: The spread of fake news and harmful online content was discussed at the 13th International Media Forum, attended by representatives of around 30 countries.
- Moldova: New regulatory measures are envisioned to allow persons with disabilities to benefit from better access to publicly available electronic communication services.
- Romania: The government approved a memorandum on the country’s accession to the European High Performance Computing (EuroHPC) initiative.
- Slovenia: The Ministry of Public Administration has launched a public call for co-financing the deployment of broadband networks of next generation.
- Turkey: The government has announced plans to open digital transformation centres for industrialists, to support the country’s goal to achieve digital transformation across industry and society.
- This issue also includes a list of events taking place in October 2018.
- Issue 20 | July and August 2018
- Issue 19 | June 2018
- Issue 18 | May 2018
- Issue 17 | April 2018
- Issue 16 | March 2018
- Issue 15 | February 2018
- Issue 14 | December 2017 and January 2018
- Issue 13 | November 2017
- Issue 12 | October 2017
- Issue 11 | September 2017
- Issue 10 | June 2017
- Issue 9 | May 2017
- Issue 8 | April 2017
- Issue 7 | March 2017
- Issue 6 | February 2017
- Issue 5 | January 2017
- Issue 4 | December 2016
- Issue 3 | November 2016
- Issue 2 | October 2016
- Issue 1 | September 2016
Editors: Adela Alexandru, Qanita Abedpour, Maja Ćalović, Sabajete Elezaj, Andrijana Gavrilović, Su Sonia Herring, Loreta Kroj, Olga Kyryliuk, Dajana Mulaj, Marko Paloski, Efthymia Papadopoulou, Mirko Savković, Oliana Sula | Coordination: Andrijana Gavrilović and Sorina Teleanu.
The SEEsummary is produced on a best effort basis, by our team of volunteer editors. Each month, the editors scan local and regional media, as well as websites of public institutions and other organisations, and compile what they find to be some of the most significant digital policy developments.
The SEEsummary does not claim to be a comprehensive source of information. Despite our efforts, we may miss some things happening across the region. To help us cover as many significant developments as possible, we invite you to share with us news from your countries.
While we do our best to double-check the information we cover, and we always provide links to the sources, we acknowledge the fact that errors might appear in our summaries. Please rest assured that such errors are never made on purpose. And we always stand ready to correct them.
For any corrections or contributions to our summaries, please contact SEESummary coordinator Sorina Teleanu, at email@example.com.