Monthly overview of Internet governance and digital policy developments and activities in South Eastern Europe and the neighouring area
In partnership with DiploFoundation & Geneva Internet Platform
[New] The October 2018 issue is now available.
It covers Internet governance and digital policy developments that occurred in South Eastern Europe and the neighbouring area in October 2018.
- Albania: The Electronic and Postal Communications Authority adopted amendments to the regulation setting up the terms and conditions for the registration and administration of .al domain names.
- Azerbaijan: The Ministry of Transport, Communications and High Technologies and Microsoft signed a memorandum of understanding on the establishment of an Internet of things laboratory.
- Greece: The municipality of Zografos became the third in line to participate in a 5G network pilot project.
- The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia: The Ministry of Information Society and Administration published information on the implementation of the National Interoperability Framework, to which 32 public institutions are now connected.
- Romania: Vodafone Romania Foundation launched the ‘School in a suitcase’ national programme focused on integrating digital technologies into the educational process.
- SEE+: At a regional meeting in Tirana, the Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe (OSCE) launched a guidebook on The role of civil society in preventing and countering violent extremism and radicalization that lead to terrorism: A focus on South-Eastern Europe.
- This issue also includes a list of events taking place in November 2018.
- Issue 21 | September 2018
- Issue 20 | July and August 2018
- Issue 19 | June 2018
- Issue 18 | May 2018
- Issue 17 | April 2018
- Issue 16 | March 2018
- Issue 15 | February 2018
- Issue 14 | December 2017 and January 2018
- Issue 13 | November 2017
- Issue 12 | October 2017
- Issue 11 | September 2017
- Issue 10 | June 2017
- Issue 9 | May 2017
- Issue 8 | April 2017
- Issue 7 | March 2017
- Issue 6 | February 2017
- Issue 5 | January 2017
- Issue 4 | December 2016
- Issue 3 | November 2016
- Issue 2 | October 2016
- Issue 1 | September 2016
Editors: Adela Alexandru, Qanita Abedpour, Maja Ćalović, Sabajete Elezaj, Andrijana Gavrilović, Su Sonia Herring, Loreta Kroj, Olga Kyryliuk, Dajana Mulaj, Marko Paloski, Efthymia Papadopoulou, Mirko Savković, Oliana Sula | Coordination: Andrijana Gavrilović and Sorina Teleanu.
The SEEsummary is produced on a best effort basis, by our team of volunteer editors. Each month, the editors scan local and regional media, as well as websites of public institutions and other organisations, and compile what they find to be some of the most significant digital policy developments.
The SEEsummary does not claim to be a comprehensive source of information. Despite our efforts, we may miss some things happening across the region. To help us cover as many significant developments as possible, we invite you to share with us news from your countries.
While we do our best to double-check the information we cover, and we always provide links to the sources, we acknowledge the fact that errors might appear in our summaries. Please rest assured that such errors are never made on purpose. And we always stand ready to correct them.
For any corrections or contributions to our summaries, please contact SEESummary coordinator Sorina Teleanu, at email@example.com.