Monthly overview of Internet governance and digital policy developments and activities in South Eastern Europe and the neighouring area
In partnership with DiploFoundation & Geneva Internet Platform
[New] The February 2018 issue is now available.
It covers Internet governance and digital policy developments and events that occurred in South Eastern Europe and the neighbouring area in February 2018.
- Armenia: A draft law proposing to legalise cryptocurrency-related activities is put forward in the national parliament.
- Croatia: The Safer Internet Day is marked by signing the Charter for child safety on the Internet.
- Slovenia: Authorities and private sector discuss opportunities offered by blockchain technologies.
- Romania: Authorities launch a project to enhance national cybersecurity capabilities.
- Ukraine: The State Communications Agency establishes a Cyber Threat Response Center (CRC) to serve as the core element of the country’s national cyber defence system. State-run power distributor, Ukrenergo, plans to invest up to USD$20 million in a new cyber defence system.
- SEE: CERTs in several countries conclude agreements on cooperation in the field of cybersecurity.
- SEE: Global reports provide insights into digital development levels across SEE countries: 4G availability and speeds, access to Internet, and access to mobile technologies.
- This issues also includes an overview of several Internet-related events that were held in the region in February, as well as a list of events taking place in March.
- Issue 14 | December 2017 and January 2018
- Issue 13 | November 2017
- Issue 12 | October 2017
- Issue 11 | September 2017
- Issue 10 | June 2017
- Issue 9 | May 2017
- Issue 8 | April 2017
- Issue 7 | March 2017
- Issue 6 | February 2017
- Issue 5 | January 2017
- Issue 4 | December 2016
- Issue 3 | November 2016
- Issue 2 | October 2016
- Issue 1 | September 2016
Qanita Abedpour | Andreea Belu | Maja Ćalović | Andrijana Gavrilović | Su Sonia Herring | Loreta Kroj | Olga Kyryliuk | Dajana Mulaj | Oliana Sula
Coordination: Sorina Teleanu
Join us in preparing the next issue. Send us updates about Internet governance developments and/or events in your countries, at firstname.lastname@example.org