Monthly overview of Internet governance and digital policy developments and activities in South Eastern Europe and the neighouring area
In partnership with DiploFoundation & Geneva Internet Platform
[New] The November 2018 issue is now available.
It covers Internet governance and digital policy developments that occurred in South Eastern Europe and the neighbouring area in October 2018.
- Azerbaijan: The country marks the official launch of its electronic and mobile residency programme.
- Greece: The Ministry of Digital Policy, Telecommunications and Information launched a public consultation on the country’s Ultrafast Broadband (UFBB) project.
- Montenegro: The government adopts the National Action Plan 2018–2020 for the implementation of the Open Government Partnership (OGP).
- Romania: The National Authority for Management and Administration in Communications launches a public consultation on the 5G Strategy for Romania.
- Serbia: The National Assembly adopts a new law of personal data protection, as well as the country’s first law on critical infrastructures
- SEE+: Bulgaria, Croatia, Romania and Slovenia are identified as ‘digital challengers’ in a recent McKinsey report, due to their ‘strong potential for growth in the digital economy’.
- SEE+: A recently published study shows that countries in South Eastern Europe and the neighbouring area (SEE+) are among those with the lowest broadband prices, among a total of 195 countries analysed.
- Also included: a list of upcoming events (December 2018), a look at Internet Governance Forum initiatives which had meetings this month, and an overview of upcoming capacity development and engagement opportunities for SEE+ stakeholders.
- Issue 22 | October 2018
- Issue 21 | September 2018
- Issue 20 | July and August 2018
- Issue 19 | June 2018
- Issue 18 | May 2018
- Issue 17 | April 2018
- Issue 16 | March 2018
- Issue 15 | February 2018
- Issue 14 | December 2017 and January 2018
- Issue 13 | November 2017
- Issue 12 | October 2017
- Issue 11 | September 2017
- Issue 10 | June 2017
- Issue 9 | May 2017
- Issue 8 | April 2017
- Issue 7 | March 2017
- Issue 6 | February 2017
- Issue 5 | January 2017
- Issue 4 | December 2016
- Issue 3 | November 2016
- Issue 2 | October 2016
- Issue 1 | September 2016
Editors: Adela Alexandru, Qanita Abedpour, Maja Ćalović, Desara Dushi, Sabajete Elezaj, Andrijana Gavrilović, Su Sonia Herring, Loreta Kroj, Olga Kyryliuk, Marko Paloski, Efthymia Papadopoulou, Mirko Savković, Oliana Sula | Coordination: Sorina Teleanu.
The SEEsummary is produced on a best effort basis, by our team of volunteer editors. Each month, the editors scan local and regional media, as well as websites of public institutions and other organisations, and compile what they find to be some of the most significant digital policy developments.
The SEEsummary does not claim to be a comprehensive source of information. Despite our efforts, we may miss some things happening across the region. To help us cover as many significant developments as possible, we invite you to share with us news from your countries.
While we do our best to double-check the information we cover, and we always provide links to the sources, we acknowledge the fact that errors might appear in our summaries. Please rest assured that such errors are never made on purpose. And we always stand ready to correct them.
For any corrections or contributions to our summaries, please contact SEESummary coordinator Sorina Teleanu, at firstname.lastname@example.org.