Monthly overview of Internet governance and digital policy developments and activities in South Eastern Europe and the neighouring area
In partnership with DiploFoundation & Geneva Internet Platform
[New] The March 2019 issue is now available.
It covers Internet governance and digital policy developments that occurred in South Eastern Europe and the neighbouring area in March 2019.
- Armenia: New Internet transit channel connecting Asia and Europe to run through Armenia.
- Azerbaijan: Around 700 schools in remote villages will be connected to the Internet.
- Belarus: President Alexander Lukashenko approves the country’s Concept of information security.
- Bosnia and Herzegovina: The Council of Ministers adopts a decision that will allow the deployment of 4G mobile networks in the country.
- Romania: Senate approves draft law aimed to create a regulatory framework for ride-hailing services. The draft still has to pass the Chamber of Deputies.
- Serbia: The Serbian Securities Commission launches a public consultation on crypto assets, while Telekom Serbia is licensed to issue e-money.
- Ukraine: New sanctions list provides for blocking of online resources.
- SEE+: Facebook removes fake accounts in and Kosovo*, North Macedonia, Romania and Russia.
- Also included: a list of upcoming events (April 2019) and an overview of upcoming capacity development and engagement opportunities for SEE+ stakeholders.
- Issue 25 | February 2019
- Issue 24 | December 2018 and January 2019
- Issue 23 | November 2018
- Issue 22 | October 2018
- Issue 21 | September 2018
- Issue 20 | July and August 2018
- Issue 19 | June 2018
- Issue 18 | May 2018
- Issue 17 | April 2018
- Issue 16 | March 2018
- Issue 15 | February 2018
- Issue 14 | December 2017 and January 2018
- Issue 13 | November 2017
- Issue 12 | October 2017
- Issue 11 | September 2017
- Issue 10 | June 2017
- Issue 9 | May 2017
- Issue 8 | April 2017
- Issue 7 | March 2017
- Issue 6 | February 2017
- Issue 5 | January 2017
- Issue 4 | December 2016
- Issue 3 | November 2016
- Issue 2 | October 2016
- Issue 1 | September 2016
Editors: Adela Alexandru, Qanita Abedpour, Maja Ćalović, Desara Dushi, Andrijana Gavrilović, Su Sonia Herring, Loreta Kroj, Olga Kyryliuk, Marko Paloski, Efthymia Papadopoulou, Mirko Savković, Oliana Sula | Coordination: Sorina Teleanu.
The SEEsummary is produced on a best effort basis, by our team of volunteer editors. Each month, the editors scan local and regional media, as well as websites of public institutions and other organisations, and compile what they find to be some of the most significant digital policy developments.
The SEEsummary does not claim to be a comprehensive source of information. Despite our efforts, we may miss some things happening across the region. To help us cover as many significant developments as possible, we invite you to share with us news from your countries.
While we do our best to double-check the information we cover, and we always provide links to the sources, we acknowledge the fact that errors might appear in our summaries. Please rest assured that such errors are never made on purpose. And we always stand ready to correct them.
For any corrections or contributions to our summaries, please contact SEESummary coordinator Sorina Teleanu, at firstname.lastname@example.org.