22 April 2016
08.00 – 09.00 | Registration of participants
09.00 – 09.30 | Welcoming remarks
- Sava Savić, Ministry of Trade, Tourism and Telecommunications, Republic of Serbia
- Dušan Stojanović, Directorate for eGovernment, Ministry of State Administration and Local Self-Government, Republic of Serbia
- Danko Jevtović, Serbian National Internet Domain Registry (RNIDS)
- Dušan Stojičević, SEEDIG executive committee
09.30 – 11.00 | (S1) Who governs the Internet in SEE?
What is Internet governance? How does it work? Why is it relevant for (the development of) the South Eastern European (SEE) region?
11.00 – 11.30 | Speakers’ corner & Coffee break
- Outreach about activities of the Noncommercial Users Constituency (NCUC) at ICANN
- International (European) organizations and projects on national (sub-regional) level: synergy or competition?
11.30 – 13.00 | (S2) Bridging digital divide(s) with a #SEEchange in digital literacy
Regardless of digital infrastructure’s quality, human capacity is ultimately what influences the effectiveness of Internet ecosystems. Users should engage with technology that is in line with their needs and positively influences the quality of their lives, but users often struggle due to the “digital divide.” What is the nature of digital divide in South Eastern Europe that hinders participation in the information society, and what are the bridges that we must build?
13.00 – 14.00 | Lunch break
- Meeting between SEEDIG, EuroDIG, and national IGF initiatives
14.00 – 14.30 | Short talks
- GIP Digital Watch
- Global Internet Policy Observatory
- Network neutrality
- Promoting digital rights with online media (intro)
- Virtual currency and bitcoin. What is the future of distributive networks and how can we utilise them?
14.30 – 16.00 | (S3) Discussing cyber(SEE)curity: global issues in regional context
Cybersecurity is a global problem; however, every region and every country have their own particular struggles. What are the most important issues for cybersecurity in SEE? How can they be built into European and global agenda? Join the discussion and have your say!
16.00 – 16.30 | Speakers’ corner & Coffee break
- How to empower and protect young people to use ICTs in a positive way – multistakeholder approach
- Promoting digital rights with online media (presenting videos)
16.30 – 18.00 | (S4) Come and solve the human rights puzzle with us
From content to code & algorithms – an interactive and inclusive session aimed in better understanding the major Internet human rights issues at stake in SEE and discover possible solutions. Everyone will have the right to speak! Literally!!!
18.00 – 18.30 | Conclusions and wrap-up
- Chengetai Masango, Secretariat of the Internet Governance Forum (IGF) (remote participation)
- Wolf Ludwig, Secretariat of the European Dialogue on Internet Governance (EuroDIG)
20.00 | Dinner & party