Sponsorship and donations
Funding SEEDIG activities
SEEDIG is supported through voluntary contributions (both monetary and in-kind) from private companies, public entities, and international organisations. As we are evolving as a process, we need financial sustainability.
If you wish to support SEEDIG, please contact us. Sponsorships and donations are welcome at any point.
Sponsorship opportunities for 2021
Sponsoring SEEDIG, and in particular its annual meetings, is a valuable opportunity to increase the visibility of your organisation among the regional and global digital tech and policy communities. Your brand will be associated with a long-standing, professionally organised event that is highly valued by government representatives, decision makers, international institutions, technical community and digital policy professionals.
SEEDIG is based on the spirit of cooperation, merging strengths within and across borders to overcome individual weaknesses. Cross border cooperation is a necessary precondition for improving the image of the region abroad, strengthening regional economic ties, encouraging the activities of local business communities, and showcasing the further prospects of growth within countries in South Eastern Europe and the neighbouring area (SEE+). With your support, SEEDIG will continue to stimulate dialogue and exchange of experiences contributing to the sustainable digital advancement of the region.
SEEDIG offers flexible sponsorship options, ranging from day, session and social event sponsorship packages for our annual meetings, to sponsoring our capacity building programmes, intersessional activities and special projects. We can also tailor a package to your interests and budget.
SEEDIG 7 meeting | September 2021, Moldova
At the SEEDIG meeting, delegates:
- Engage with the region’s and world’s leading digital technology and policy experts
- Discuss the most relevant digital development issues identified by stakeholders from the region
- Network with their peers
- Contribute to the formulation of key policy messages, relevant for the SEE+ region and shared afterwards with decision makers
SEEDIG social events are very popular and memorable. They are an effective way for participants to network and share experiences in an informal way. Social events at SEEDIG 2021 will highlight Moldovan culture and include local entertainment.
Online participation helps to widen involvement at SEEDIG annual meetings. It allows participants from across the region and beyond to access the meeting content through live audio and video streaming and chat.
SEEDIG promotes digital inclusion and increasingly provides accessibility of its annual meetings to community members with special needs, for example by providing sign language interpretation and captions.
SEEDIG Fellowship Programme
The SEEDIG Fellowship is a capacity building programme dedicated to professionals interested in digital tech and policy issues. It provides a forum for learning, networking, and exchanging views and experiences on the most pressing issues at the national, regional and international levels. Fellows participate in a dedicated one-day pre-event and the SEEDIG annual meeting, where they may contribute in various roles (such as rapporteurs, moderators, etc.).
SEEDIG Youth School | Class of 2021
The SEEDIG Youth School provides undergraduate and master students from the SEE+ region a space to learn, network, exchange views and prepare to participate in digital tech and policy processes. First, students learn online about the digital policy ecosystem and then participate in a one-day in situ Youth School and the SEEDIG annual meeting.
A sponsoring organisation can also commit itself to funding one or several SEEDIG intersessional activities (SEEsummary, Road Show, etc.). Details and amounts of sponsorship contributions will be discussed on a case-by-case basis with the SEEDIG Executive Committee.
- SEEsummary is a one of a kind initiative in the region. It is issued in a form of a monthly newsletter and provides an overview of Internet governance and digital policy developments and activities occurring in SEE+.
- SEEDIG Road Shows are aimed at strengthening SEEDIG’s presence and visibility at the national level through fostering dialogue, cooperation and capacity development. They can take various forms, including: (a) training sessions or workshops for a particular stakeholder group (allowing a focus on specific issues and solutions sought by that group); and (b) debates on specific Internet or digital tech and policy issues of interest to the broader local communities.
We also stand ready to discuss possibilities for funding other projects that SEEDIG might launch with your support.