Depending on your country, you may require a visa to enter Romania.
Relevant information is available on the website of the Romanian Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- Conditions to enter Romania
- Check if you need a visa
- General information for visa applicants
- Applying for a Romanian visa online
- Starting July 2014, in keeping with the provisions of Decision No 565/2014/EU, Romania acknowledges as being equivalent to its own national visas, for transit and for stays up to 90 days per period of 180 days the following:
- The two or multiple entry short-stay visa issued by a Schengen member state;
- The limited territorial validity visa issued by a Schengen member state;
- The short-stay visa issued by Bulgaria, Cyprus or Croatia;
- The long-stay visa issued by a Schengen member state;
- The long-stay visa issued by Bulgaria, Cyprus or Croatia;
- The residence permit issued by a Schengen member state;
- The residence permit issued by Bulgaria, Cyprus or Croatia
- The long-term resident’s EC residence permit (the validity of which is of 5 years or more) issued by a member state of the European Union.
- Attention! The number of entries, as well as the right of stay established as per the Schengen visas, must not have been exhausted. The right of stay on the territory of Romania shall not exceed the right of stay granted as per the visas/residence permits issued by the Schengen Member States.
- If invitation letters are required for visa applications, please contact us. We will deal with the requests on a case by case basis. Kindly note that such assistance may only be provided to visa applicants from countries in South Eastern Europe and the neighbouring area.