Are you a member of the SEEDIG community and also involved in other Internet governance and digital policy-related activities at national, regional and international level?
Do you believe SEEDIG could contribute to a healthy, sustainable and inclusive digital advancement of South Eastern Europe and the neighbouring area (SEE+)?
Would you like to help us advance SEEDIG's mission and promote our work at national, regional and international level?
Do you think you could act as a liaison between SEEDIG and the Internet community in your country?
If your answers to the questions above are ‘yes’, then the SEEDIG Ambassadors Programme is for you.
[Update] The call for applications ended on 9 December 2018. Applications are currently reviewed and the results of the selection process will be announced in January 2019.
What we look for
The SEEDIG Ambassadors Programme is open to individuals originally from or residing in a SEE+ country, who are:
- Active members of the SEEDIG community.
- Recognised for their engagement in activities – at national, regional and international level – focused on addressing issues related to the use, evolution and governance of the Internet and other digital technologies.
- Well anchored in the local Internet community and able to act as a liaison between that community and SEEDIG.
- Able to present a strong motivation for acting as SEEDIG Ambassadors.
- Able to provide an outline of how they could contribute to enhancing SEEDIG’s visibility and presence at national, regional and international level.
- Capable of appropriately representing SEEDIG as Ambassadors for the period of one year (with the possibility of extension).
- Willing to continue to contribute to SEEDIG activities at the end of their ambassadorship.
What we expect from SEEDIG Ambassadors
Once selected as a SEEDIG Ambassador, we expect you to contribute to enhancing SEEDIG’s visibility and presence at the national, regional and international level, through, inter alia:
- Using any opportunity you have (regional and international events you attend, activities you participate in, etc.) to spread the word about SEEDIG and convince others to join our work, as community members, partners, sponsors, etc.
- Reaching out to stakeholders in your country and encourage them to contribute to SEEDIG activities.
- Acting as a liaison between SEEDIG and the local Internet community, and helping ensure that the voice of this community is represented in the SEEDIG process.
- Coming up with ideas for activities that SEEDIG could run at the national and regional level to achieve our mission. Then assisting the SEEDIG Executive Committee in implementing such activities.
- Once your ambassadorship ends, continuing to actively contribute to SEEDIG activities, in particular through supporting the new Ambassadors.
To make sure all of this happens, we will ask our Ambassadors to:
- Present a brief plan, at the start of their Ambassadorship, outlining how they intend to perform their duties. The plan can, of course, be updated throughout the year.
- Participate in an online introductory meeting at the start of the Programme.
- Maintain close contact with the SEEDIG Executive Committee (via e-mail, online meetings, calls, etc.), and periodically report on their activities as SEEDIG Ambassadors.
- Write blog posts for the SEEDIG website about their work as SEEDIG Ambassadors.
- At the end of the ambassadorship, present a report outlining the work they have undertaken, as well as plans for future engagement.
SEEDIG would not impose a number of weekly hours to be dedicated to the role of SEEDIG ambassador, but active engagement and weekly interaction with the community are expected.
Why you should apply
As a SEEDIG Ambassador, you will:
- Become part of the SEEDIG core team and work closely with the SEEDIG Executive Committee on achieving SEEDIG’s mission and goals.
- Contribute, together with the SEEDIG community, to shaping the digital future of your country and the wider SEE+ region.
- Be the main liaison between SEEDIG and the local Internet community in your country.
- Be recognised as a SEEDIG representative in the national, regional and international activities you are contributing to.
- Get a chance to gain valuable insight and experience through your direct involvement in SEEDIG activities and exposure to our network of partners and supporting organisations.
- Demonstrate belief in and commitment to a healthy, sustainable and inclusive digital advancement of the SEE+ region.
- Demonstrate that volunteerism and community service are elements well-embedded into the SEE+ culture.
In addition, the most active SEEDIG Ambassadors will be selected to benefit from financial support to attend the SEEDIG 2019 meeting. The selection will be done by the SEEDIG Executive Committee, based on the activities and level of engagement of the Ambassadors.
Review and selection
All applications will be carefully reviewed by the SEEDIG Executive Committee, possibly with additional input from our supporting organisations. During the selection process, we will be paying particular attention to the candidates’ motivation and their involvement in SEEDIG and other Internet governance and digital policy processes. We will also take into account the need to achieve diversity among our Ambassadors, in terms of geographical representation, stakeholder group, and gender balance.
If you have questions about this programme, please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.