Curious to know what has happened in South Eastern Europe and the neighbouring area in terms of Internet governance and digital policy recently? Our team of editors has made it all easier and collected main developments and events in the most recent issue (#16) of the SEEsummary. It covers the month of March 2018.
Some of the main headlines:
- The President of Azerbaijan signs a decree on the transition to digital government.
- The Ministry of Science and Education in Croatia starts negotiations with telecom operators to provide free high-speed Internet access for schools.
- A 5G pilot network will be installed in the Greek city of Trikala, making it the country’s first 5G enabled city.
- Serbian authorities launch the third edition of a campaign to educate children and youth to use digital technologies safely.
- A report by the Open Society Institute in Bulgaria says that SEE countries are least prepared to deal with the implications of fake news.