SEEDIG 2018 | Programme details
23–24 May | Ljubljana
(S8) Internet governance in SEE: Putting the puzzle together
24 May | 16:30 – 17:30
- Sandra Hoferichter, European Dialogue on Internet Governance (EuroDIG)
- Markus Kummer, Internet Governance Forum Support Association (online participation)
- Valentina Scialpi, European Commission (online participation)
- Lynn St. Amour, Internet Governance Forum Multistakeholder Advisory Group (online participation)
- National and youth IGF initiatives from SEE countries
- The impact of IGF initiatives is not easy to measure, but there are concrete examples of how the discussions held at IGF meetings had a positive impact on organisations and countries. In one illustration, the discussions at the Bosnia and Herzegovina IGF on Internet Exchange Points (IXP) led to the creation of an IXP in the country.
- Resources (human and financial) are essential for building sustainability into IGF initiatives.
- SEEDIG is a valuable initiative in the SEE region, and its most valuable asset is its community. But there is much more potential to be explored. We should build on what we have and continue to evolve, through consolidating the community and engaging with new stakeholders, enhancing the capacity development activities, and strengthening the intersessional activities.
- Oksana Prykhodko, iNGO European Media Platform, Ukraine
- Oliana Sula, University ‘Aleksandër Moisiu’ Durrës/Estonian Business School, Albania
- Nikoleta Krstić (intern)
* The programme outline has been built considering proposals submitted during the call for issues. For each session, there is an indication of the proposals that are considered to pertain to the topic of the session. You can find the list of proposals and their corresponding ID numbers on the dedicated page.